Using Social Media in Medical Education
This is a video of slides given at a presentation at Essentials of Emergency Medicine, San Fransisco, 9-12 Nov 2011 by Mike Cadogan. One of the best explanations I’ve seen of the potential role of social media in medical education.
After going through the 11 phases of
Grief Presentation Preparation the resulting slides are comprehensive.
- Acquiescence – blind acceptance of speaking invitation
- Denial – after all, 3 months…seems a very long time
- Ignorance – blissful and protracted, there is always tomorrow
- Realisation – 10 days…seems an awfully short amount of time
- Conceptualisation – defining what to write about
- Conversion – analog to digital metamorphosis
- Visualisation – cerebral rehearsal
- Presentation – there is no tomorrow
- Evaluation – next time I will do things differently!
Here is a snapshot of one.