Australian Facebook Statistics
- Launched in February 2004, Worldwide Facebook has more than 400 million active users and an average user has 130 friends . [UPDATE, this is now 500 million users as of July 2010].
- Within Australia, facebook is currently the most used social media site and a key driver in Australians’ trial and uptake of social media 
- 83 percent of social networkers name Facebook as their main social networking platform, up from 72 percent in 2008 and 34 percent in 2007 
- There are nearly 8 million monthly active users in Australia, although only 1 million of these are under 18 years old
- Three quarters of Australian Internet users (75%) reporting to have visited Facebook, 59 percent have a Facebook profile 
- The average time spent on Facebook in a given month is 8:19 hours – seven and a half hours more than its closest rival site, YouTube 
- UPDATE: July 2010: number of Australian users on facebook 9,009,660
- UPDATE: Nov 2011 number of Australian users on facebook 9,530,000, of which 8,250,000 are over 18 years old.
More Web Metrics