Developing a Digital Strategy 015 – applications of social media in health and research
A first – the conference recently attended (Noi2010) is the first I have been to that had a social media in health workshop. The audience was in the main experienced clinicians who were trying to make sense of what was happening online irrespective of whether they had a website and were also curious to see how the conference organisers Noigroup and some Presenters were using social media.
I learned from the questions that were asked:
- What is the difference between a blog and a website
- Why is social media so important
- How much time will it take
- Is it free?
- How do I make money from using this
- How do I manage my personal identity on line vs my company -are they the same
- How often should I blog
- Where do I start
Here’s the presentation or you can download a pdf version of the presentation from here
Here’s a powerpoint version if you want to skip through to a particular slide